11.29.2007

If you gotta go to the bathroom, you gotta go to the bathroom.

Excerpt from a Barrel of Monkeys run list.









Today, while teaching a Barrel of Monkeys class:
(general cacophony of kids playing theater games)

Child: (to me and Lauren) I gotta go to the bathroom and shave my booty.*

Lacy's mind: I did not hear that right.

Lauren: (pause) Well, kid, if you gotta go to the bathroom, you gotta go to the bathroom.

(Child leaves to go to the bathroom .. to shave his ... booty?)

Lauren: (slow burn take to Lacy)

Fin.

*Lauren maintains he said that he needed to go to the bathroom to SHAKE his booty. Which makes more sense? Which is more hilarious? Which do you have a good answer for?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just a thought.... could it have been "take a doody"?

I mean, that's less interesting. I dunno.

Lacy said...

Hm, very logical, but believe me - knowing this kid, it was DEFINITELY either shake or shave.

Probably shake.

"Booty" was, without a doubt, in the mix.