1.28.2008

... and then I realized,

I was down all weekend because of two things:

1., I saw There Will Be Blood, which was excellent but will not make you feel good, exactly. Especially about parenting.


2., My mom called just to tell me that the flowers from the bulbs I gave her for Christmas smell like rotting garbage.


In the meantime, I got married, got a potentially VERY exciting freelance job which will allow me to work from home with complete flexibility, and realized that I only have five more days of DayJobbery after today.


So... No, I don't want kids. Yes, I still consider that to be a defect in my personality, but it's going to take a while, and in the meantime, there's a lot more exciting stuff to focus on. Being sensitive and susceptible to mood swings is annoying even to Person Being Sensitive and Susceptible To Mood Swings.


And paperwhites do not smell like rotting garbage. They're freaking beautiful.

No comments: