Courtesy of Stefan Sagmeister, a design badass you know about if you're in the know with design knowing. I didn't know about him.
He identified these as 'patterns that have made him more happy than not.' I bolded the ones I should probably have tattooed on my own forehead. Any ones you really like?
The only one I can take exception with is that last one, because I have said some stupid things that I THOUGHT were gutsy but were actually just inappropriate and uncomfortable.
- Complaining is silly. Either act or forget.
- Thinking life will be better in the future is stupid. I have to live now.
- Being not truthful works against me.
- Helping other people helps me.
- Organizing a charity group is surprisingly easy.
- Everything I do always comes back to me.
- Drugs feel great in the beginning and become a drag later on.
- Over time I get used to everything and start taking if for granted.
- Money does not make me happy.
- Traveling alone is helpful for a new perspective on life.
- Assuming is stifling.
- Keeping a diary supports my personal development.
- Trying to look good limits my life.
- Worrying solves nothing.
- Material luxuries are best enjoyed in small doses.
- Having guts always works out for me.