3.18.2008

Pardon the New Ageiness

I imposed my own Waiting Period before posting these, because I thought, surely I'm just a little emotional/overcaffeinated/tipsy, but it's been a few days and I still love them.

Courtesy of Stefan Sagmeister, a design badass you know about if you're in the know with design knowing. I didn't know about him.

He identified these as 'patterns that have made him more happy than not.' I bolded the ones I should probably have tattooed on my own forehead. Any ones you really like?
  • Complaining is silly. Either act or forget.
  • Thinking life will be better in the future is stupid. I have to live now.
  • Being not truthful works against me.
  • Helping other people helps me.
  • Organizing a charity group is surprisingly easy.
  • Everything I do always comes back to me.
  • Drugs feel great in the beginning and become a drag later on.
  • Over time I get used to everything and start taking if for granted.
  • Money does not make me happy.
  • Traveling alone is helpful for a new perspective on life.
  • Assuming is stifling.
  • Keeping a diary supports my personal development.
  • Trying to look good limits my life.
  • Worrying solves nothing.
  • Material luxuries are best enjoyed in small doses.
  • Having guts always works out for me.
The only one I can take exception with is that last one, because I have said some stupid things that I THOUGHT were gutsy but were actually just inappropriate and uncomfortable.

2 comments:

Corrbette said...

I love most of these. And feel silly seeing them in print, as I don't follow most of these. And I should. I'm going to go check one of them off my list (a "do" rather than a "complaint"), if you'll excuse me.

Flitterbee said...

Thinking life will be better in the future is stupid. I have to live now.

I have to live now.

They're pretty true. I like.