3.19.2008

YAHOO!

Okay, so yesterday I was tooling through my sometimes-beloved, always-timesucking Google Reader, and saw this headline on boingboing.net:

Interview with Johnny Hiro creator Fred Chao


Hm, I think. Fred Chao, like my old friend from college Fred Chao. That guy was amazing. But surely there are a lot of Fred Chaos in the world.

Then THE NEXT ITEM on my reader list was my friend (and Fred's friend) from college, Matt Griffin's website. Which had this headline:

Holy Crap! Fred Chao is, like, famous! GO FRED!!!


ACK! It IS Fred Chao! THIS FRED CHAO!



My friend Fred Chao who, as we were walking through [I think it was] Munich, we came across this graffiti and I made him pose next to it because Anarchy graffiti anywhere is just PERFECT, I mean it's like how a tattoo on a big burly guy is SUPPOSED to say 'mom' with a heart, that's just what it is supposed to be.

FRED!

So anyway, my old friend Fred is live, in effect, and kicking ass at comickery! Way to go, Fred. I'm so happy for him. Here is his website. LOOK AT IT if only just for the main image, which is BEAUTY, and I want it on my wall.

Apparently his comic is smart fun and exploding with adventurous joy, sort of like Fred. "Johnny Hiro: Half Asian. All Hero."

Sounds like he is happy and pursuing art and life. I beam in his general direction.

2 comments:

taipalmgren said...

You know more half-Asians than anyone this side of Vancouver.

Lacy said...

I KNOW.
Specifically, half-Chinese.

On the other hand, you could also say that means I only know a scant few full-Chinese.