4.21.2008

working for a living

No jobs lately, but plenty of auditions.

I am glad when my family takes an interest in my work ("So, how are auditions going?") but it's disheartening to be completely honest about it ("well, a lot of auditions... but no jobs").

I had an audition for a FAMILIAR GAMING COMPANY today where I read a bunch of WACKY LINES ABOUT FISHING. Not that I KNOW A COUPLE PEOPLE WHO WORK THERE or anything but THAT WOULD BE REAL DOPE.

Oh my gosh. Look what I've sank to. No - wait - I can sink lower.

HOW ABOUT A CONGRATULATORY VOICEOVER BOOKING SINCE I GOT ENGAGED???

There. I am pandering my future marriage and exploiting it to try to make money. Pleeaasssseeeee. Pullll stringggsss.

(broken sobs)




(...swig from can of Bud Light)

2 comments:

Jeremy said...

Sorry, not my game. And usually the sound guys get to pick the talent. It's the big perk. Although they're amenable to steering.

Did you get the gig? Birthday voice over?

Lacy said...

man, abandoning my integrity and shamelessly begging never works out for me. Why IS that?

... nope, no gigs yet. I never book "character" stuff, though. Just that huge string of supermarket radio spots a few weeks ago.

I'll just have to wait for someone to design a slotmachine game around a 29-year-old angsty but humorous blogger with a "real person" voice.

SOUNDS LIKE A WINNER, Jeremy! DO IT! They're gonna eat that shit UP in Reno!