4.28.2008

YES.

I'm not sure if this is the "Evil Dead! the Musical" I saw in someone's backyard about 5 years ago, but I just can't tell you how happy this brilliant ad makes me.

If you're a theater type and you haven't seen the fantastic Canadian series "Slings and Arrows,' it's entirely worth it for the scene when the Shakespeare Festival's executive director goes to see Mamma Mia with the festival's head corporate sponsor/his girlfriend.

I'm paraphrasing, but he gushes, "you can actually understand it!" and she returns, "It's even better the seventh time!!!!"

I've actually only seen one major Broadway-style musical, so it's entirely unfair of me to look down my nose at the genre... but... I mean, ... yeah.

1 comment:

that guy from that show at the corn again said...

I hope you'll be happy to know that on your recommendation alone (still haven't seen it), I just purchased the complete Slings and Arrows collection for my friend Jennie's birthday.

Mouse. Ate my bread. Pooped in it. Mouse pooped in my bread.

Sorry, when I think of Mark McKinney I have to say those things.