5.27.2008

my neighbor would like to know why I have listened to "smooth criminal" 4 times in a row now.

My dad loved old movies. We probably spent at least half of our total time together with one on. We watched a lot of Fred Astaire.
Not surprisingly, I have looooohooooooohoooved watching badass dancing as long as I can remember.

So this just makes me darn near pee myself. Fred Astaire and Cyd Cherisse highlights recut to Smooth Criminal (the video for which -also great- was actually an homage to a Fred Astaire movie. Who knew?).


Around 4:15 it hits this level that I think everyone -certainly every performer- can recognize as that moment. Where all the work pays off, and then it falls away.
And I gotta say, Smooth Criminal is just a JAM.

Dancing remains one of those things that I love enough to understand just how bad I am at it. I mean, I'm not hopeless. But I'm gangly and I'm big and ... well, I'm no Cyd Cherisse.

I am inspired to Pilates like never before, though. Damn. DAMN!

No comments: