5.14.2008

Ugh.

It has been several weeks since the audition and no callback, so I had already processed the rejection. And honestly, I had forgotten about it, which is the best possible thing.

So I could have done without this email today:
Dear Lacy

Thank you for auditioning for the roll of M---- in our production of P----. I am writing to let you know, however, that the roll has been filled. I look forward to seeing you on stage in the future and I hope to have the opportunity to work with you soon.
Hey, remember that big audition for that big part you didn't get? We just wanted to remind you: you didn't get that part. Still. Cheers!

...Seriously, you could have at least used the correct spelling for 'role.'

3 comments:

taipalmgren said...

That's too bad, I would have loved to see you as Matilda the Saucy Pirate Wench in "Pirates-a-Plenty." Such a tasty roll.

Lacy said...

Ooh, you're close. It was actually "Mrs. Anger" in "Prayers Across Iraq: Our Climate, Our Wars."

Jason said...

Mmmmmm. Filled roll.