6.19.2008

my latest inspiration

I don't really know this guy too well, (he wrote & animated this thing I posted a while back) (along with another friend) but I am humbly and distantly in love with his pictures, which look like this:


and also like this sometimes



and his writing, which reads like this: (this is a mini-preface to stories written by his cat, Russel)
Brad sits in his room a lot, often drawing pictures and sometimes snacking - maybe on fruit. Occasionally a little paw wedges its way under his door. Under that paw will be a little piece of scratch paper with a written story or investigative report on it. Russel's printing is very legible, but you can tell it takes him a long time to do it because he presses the pencil so hard.
If you have a few moments, I highly recommend you read some of these little stories. That way you can yell at me when I'm clearly ripping off his style in my own writing.

Here is the link to the delightful reading.

If you don't go for the clicking on the linking, I'm just going to reinforce this sentence:
Russel's printing is very legible, but you can tell it takes him a long time to do it because he presses the pencil so hard.



Wait, one more thing.
In addition to really digging his style and aesthetic, I am equally-if-not-more impressed that he just DOES this stuff. Without deadlines or money. He just does it. Damn. Way to go.

No comments: