A month in the jungle:She apologizes for not providing more details about her 14-day [backpacking] trek through the Incan ruins in Peru. Meanwhile, last night I realized that I am gradually slipping back into pre-trip ways: biking less and driving more, wasting more time online.
- four days living in a hammock on a boat on a river in the Amazon!
- arriving in the largest city in the world accessible only by water and air!
- eating a kilo of fruit every day for breakfast, and a different kind of fish every day for dinner!
I was trying to decide what to post about this morning and it occurred to me that I have my own damn adventures.
- going to an upscale hotel in downtown Chicago to spend two hours being custom-fit with a 9 month pregnancy pad
- playing a game called "punt the baby" with 37 close friends, egging on Rachel as she drop-kicked a Cabbage Patch Kid for maximum distance
- walking into a florescent-lit room of strangers, doing a 400-year-old monologue 3 different times, and making them laugh a little more each time.
- learning to play "Turn the Page" by Bob Seger on the guitar. FOUR CHORDS. LOOK OUT, JOE SATRIANI.