9.19.2008

the furious magician

Dear Diary,

What the hell is this, and why do I think it's utterly hilarious at 2 in the morning after 5 hours of powering a 900-lb. cart in a bizarre performance art THING on the South Side wherein, no joking, 2 aerial artists gracefully hump on a ladder 30 feet in the air?

Why did I spend 2 hours carrying a bronzed rat on my shoulders tonight, after giving up on carrying the alligator and the ostrich?

What is this thing? Why do I love it?

Diary: It is entitled "A discussion with Ben Bernanke, Chairman of the Board of Governors of the United States Federal Reserve."



Me: Oh diary, there is so much I don't understand.

Diary: I know.

Me: How do you know?

Diary: I'm a magician, Lacy.

2 comments:

Jeremy said...

Please do share as many performance art details as won't get you in trouble... I love to hear what the rich people do.

And the reason you like it is... Ben Bernanke's commitment? Because Ben Bernanke sounds like a name that WC Fields came up with ? (Otis Criblecoblis, Karl La Fong)

Here's Karl LaFong:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41SFTn9xHus

Lacy said...

Oh Jeremy. You just want to hear about the artistic and acrobatic humping.

I *will* share pictures soon - I'm taking a lot, uploading them just seems like hard work and I'm kind of bushed lately. But they're coming. It's neat. Those animals are the coolest thing ever.