9.21.2008

workaholic


One of the reasons I was excited to take on this [grueling and exhausting] project is because I knew I'd be working with some freaking amazing artists.

Over the past year I decided that I want to be able to separate myself from my job. I want to have an outside life and things to talk about BESIDES theater and acting.

But these people I admire so much... they don't separate themselves. They live breathe eat and sleep their work, and as a result, that work is incredible.

Maybe I need to rethink this?

Maybe this is just the tradeoff? Balanced person or brilliant artist?

1 comment:

Lizzy said...

I have a similar conflict about work/life. Check out this "This I Believe" Essay. I think it speaks to this dilemma quite well:

http://www.thisibelieve.org/dsp_ShowEssay.php?uid=22195