12.02.2008

SUCCESS!

Say what you will about 2008, but this is the year the U.S. elected a black man president and this also happened:

JAPANESE SCHOOLGIRL SIGNS PRO BASEBALL CONTRACT

A 16-year-old Japanese girl signed with a regional baseball team Tuesday, becoming the country's first female professional baseball player.

Eri Yoshida, a knuckleball pitcher, will play for the Kobe 9 Cruise in a new independent league starting in April 2009. The team selected her last month along with 31 male players in the league draft.

"I still don't feel like I've really become a pro baseball player, but I want to do my best," Yoshida said at a news conference after signing her contract.

Now I see the importance of embracing your success. Yes, she's playing for a farm team. But you know who else started out playing for farm teams? A LOT OF FREAKING GREAT PLAYERS, that's who.

Congratulations, Miss Yoshida.

No comments: