1.15.2009

pedestals


At work today, my cousin and I stood together in the back of the room, watching the guy playing the comedic lead of our play. The dude is just so good. Rattles off Shakespearean verse as if it were the simplest thing in the world to speak and understand. Throws new bits and gags in that punch up the play without stealing focus from someone else's moment.

He also happens to be one of the nicest guys you'll ever meet.

He's a well-known, well-loved actor around town. I wonder if having so many people knowing and loving your work, I wonder if that feels like pressure to him. It must. I wonder if a good reputation hangs on you just as heavily as a bad one.

I wonder what more he wants in order to feel successful. Maybe by the end of the run I'll get to know him well enough to ask him.

No comments: