1.12.2009

seriously, cut it OUTTTTT.

! Blizzard Watch, Blizzard Warning, Winter Weather Advisory in IL: Boone, Cook, DeKalb, DuPage, Grundy, Kane, Kendall, La Salle, Lake, McHenry, Will Blizzard Watch, Winter Weather Advisory in IL: Kankakee Blizzard Watch, Blizzard Warning, Winter Weather Advisory in IN: Lake, Porter Blizzard Watch, Winter Weather Advisory in IN: Jasper, Newton Winter Weather Advisory in WI: Kenosha, Racine, Walworth

Something about these nights and these storms makes me feel like I'm preparing for an epic battle; a mighty clash between vicious arctic winds and the Forces of Light and warmth and blankets.

The battle is only just beginning. Thursday the enemy will keep us below zero all day. Will Stanton speaks to me in the Old Speech and advises me to throw vanity to the icy winds and layer up with abandon. He leaves behind a basket of cheese and heavy beer, saying only, "You'll need more body fat."

To leap to another dearly beloved series, I have the nagging feeling that I should be outside tying a rope between the house and the barn so Pa doesn't get lost and freeze to death mere yards away from home when he has to go feed the livestock.

No comments: