2.26.2009

wait here while I slip into something a little more DENTALLY PRUDENT

I've been a little stressed.

I almost lost my job, and during this period, I've been waking up with a sore and clenched jaw. No big deal. Humans grind their teeth when stressed. Many of us do it at night.

I had my first dentist appointment in 5 years today. He wants me to wear a nightguard. Here is what a nightguard looks like. The prospect of wearing it is akin to the shame of rubber bands on my braces in 7th grade.



BOOOOOOO.

I feel like I have failed at handling stress effectively in my life. I should know how to handle this! I studied releasing jaw tension in college.

...It ...was part of vocal training.

Four years of private college. And I can't release my freaking jaw to save my teeth.

Boo.

3 comments:

Rachel Wilson said...

Feel better lady. I figured you were being grinded one way or another.

David D. said...

"I studied releasing jaw tension in college....It ...was part of vocal training. Four years of private college. And I can't release my freaking jaw to save my teeth."

A time will come when being able to breath out of your butt will be the only way to defeat the dragon, and it will all seem like money well-spent. You'll see.

Lacy said...

On a more realistic note, Dave, we all know it's just a matter of time until a casting director says, "We gotta be honest. We love your work, but we need to know you can inhale on a deep 'KAHHH,' lifting your soft palate, then execute an undulating tongue stretch."

And then it will all be made right.