3.24.2009

strategy

Last night Korea lost the World Baseball Classic to Japan because they pitched to Ichiro in extra innings instead of walking him. Ichiro is a badass. He goes by one name. That's how you know.

I think I understand the pitcher's take on it - if you're facing a huge megaultrasuperstar, it's a chance to be like, whatever, one-name guy. I'm not afraid of you! I'm not walking you! All baseball strategy, however, says THE GUY IS A POWERHITTER AND THERE'S AN EMPTY BASE. WALK THE MOFO.

Cause that one-name guy is a one-name guy for a reason, and even though the pitcher stood up to him... he hit a double and Japan won by 2.

Also there was a player named Bum Ho Lee. Yesssssssssss.

So. Enough talking about OTHER people.
Tomorrow morning I have one of THESE auditions:
[MOM] Female, Caucasian, African American & Hispanic, youngish - 26 to 35 years old.. Attractive yet still real & approachable. Please submit models who can act as well as actresses.
Models. Oy. How I hate auditioning with models. How I hate feeling so ugly and fleshy sitting next to them in the waiting room.
Can I just walk this one in?

Bum Ho Lee: Swing for the fences, Lacy!!!

Lacy: Thanks Bum Ho! (but in this analogy I'm the pitcher)

Bum Ho Lee: MY NAME IS BUM HO LEE. DO NOT MAKE MY LIFE ANY MORE DIFFICULT.

Lacy: okay

3 comments:

David D. said...

Since the breakdown did not use the word "or" (not that they tend to be grammatical) I think you should blow them away by arriving ready to portray "Female, Caucasian, African American & Hispanic" simultaneously. Be EVERYTHING they are considering.

I think it is What Ichiro Would Do.

td said...

Ichiro wore that pitcher's ass OUT. What was that an 8 or 9 pitch at bat?? Maybe the audition lesson there is that we should just never leave the room. I'll stand here till you die or give me the fucking job.... sure it'll be awkward but at the end of the day its money in your hands.

Anonymous said...

Yes, but "models who can act" are very hard to come by in Chicago...or anywhere for that matter. :)