4.22.2009

I was only ACTING!

Argh. This poor mofo.
WASHINGTON - David Kellermann, the acting chief financial officer of mortgage giant Freddie Mac, was found dead at his home Wednesday morning in what police said was an apparent suicide.
He wasn't even the actual CFO. Double take:
...Kellermann, the acting chief financial officer of mortgage giant Freddie Mac, was found dead at his home..
What struck me at first was how this guy could have TOTALLY passed the buck on any disaster he had become embroiled in. He was a temp! Temp = no responsibilities! You do not kill yourself for ruining the company and the country's economy when you are a temp!

But of course that is sort of willfully short-sighted just for the sake of a quippy blog post. Who knows what was going on with this poor Acting CFO mofo.

I'm doing a lot of research on mental illness right now for my play. Manic-depressive disorder, suicide, suicide attempts. Lithium. It's a fun time. Monday night I saw a show written and performed by mentally challenged adults about their medication, struggles to relate to others, and waking up in a hospital with multiple IVs and a lot of questions to answer.

The show was so moving and heartbreaking, although the performers were visibly heavily medicated. Maybe more so because of that.

I guess it's sort of shut me up for a while.

No comments: