8.25.2009

I already waited too long.

Sometimes I think the thing to be dreaded more than dying is outliving everyone and everything, including 75% of your body.

Burying your spouse is one thing; burying all your close friends, one by one, is another. My grandmother was telling me last week that it was just her and a woman I'd always called Turtle Lady left at the church - out of their group of friends who joined in their 20s.

Well, as of this morning, now it's just my grandmother.
I'm visiting this weekend. I had wanted to take my grandmother to the fair to go through the exhibits and hear her talk about everything she did before they could afford to buy meat and tea towels and jam in the store. But my aunt said no,

The fair sure sounds like something you would enjoy but Mimi would not last at all.

No comments: