9.04.2009

Let's look on the bright side of size 12

I don't believe this for a minute, but I still adore it.
Skinny Thighs Could Spell Your Doom
Posted on Thursday, September 03, 2009 7:05 PM PT

By JoNel Aleccia

At last, good news for anyone who ever despaired of fitting into skinny jeans: Thin thighs might actually kill you. Or at least put a strain on your heart.

That’s the word from Danish researchers who studied more than 2,800 middle-aged people for up to a dozen years, only to find that those with the slimmest thighs had the highest chance of heart disease and premature death.

“There was up to a double risk for the people with the smallest thighs,” said Dr. Berit L. Heitmann, a director of research at Copenhagen University Hospital in Denmark. “It’s quite substantial.”
Here's the real article.

I have an audition coming up for a musical - a musical I'd actually LIKE to do. Of which there are... maybe 2 in the world. And I'm rounding up.

So I took a voice lesson and learned that I breathe wrong, which
  • I knew they would tell me, and
  • drives me nuts because I do REMARKABLY WELL for BREATHING WRONG, bitches.

Aaaand, I am taking every dance class I can get to at my gym. Trying to get used to learning moves and feeling confident. Trying to embrace my [precious few] dancing strengths, which are:
  • I do a mean chest pop, and
  • really flexible hips. Nope, seriously. Suspend the eyebrow-waggling a moment. Very flexible. This is sort of awesome, and sort of ... not something you really DO? Often? In public?
Last week at "Salsalicious" class, my super gay latino teacher singled me out during the bachata. "YES! YES HIPS YES!!!!"
We moved on to chacha. He came over and held his hand about 2 inches away from my ass. "Hit it. Hit it. IT SHOULD BRUISE ME!!!!!" I put a little more effort in to swing the shit out of my hips when I turn. "YES!!!!"

Times When It's Good To Be Singled Out As A Class Example, But Leaves You With Somewhat Mixed Feelings.

1 comment:

Corrbette said...

I know for a FACT you have some crazy good dance moves. So there.