10.24.2009

broke as a joke

Aw man.

Someone write me a song about union dues and the expenses of living in a city that would charge you for a sidewalk license if they could get away with it. 

Also the sheer stupidity of spending your precious-little expendable income on cans of spraypaint, second-hand barbies and glue sticks to make a little piece of art.


I met up with my cousin Andy last night. He moved away for 4 years and is back now.  He was the one soul I knew in Chicago when I moved here 9 years ago.  We tried to sum up our respective past 4 years for each other.

I said this was [maybe] the biggest lesson I'd learned:
Never underestimate others' insecurities.

He said this was [maybe] the biggest one for him:
The distance between where you are now and where you want to be is way smaller than you imagine.

I'm glad he's back.

No comments: