11.12.2009

success.

I did something I have never done before.
Something I wanted to do my whole life.

I made good theater.


Both my grandmothers, independently of each other, told me it was about time I wrote something. 

I am full of love and gratitude for and to Laura for directing, Alex for getting caught in the middle and making all the music, Heather for getting shit on and puppeting, and Brandon for making Grendel.

Seriously. Check out Grendel.

I know I won't always feel this way,
so I just want to feel it as much as I can right now.

I feel successful.

AND CHECK OUT THIS AWESOME RAMEN I JUST ATE!


SUCCESSFUL RAMEN FOR MY SUCCESSFUL BELLY!

7 comments:

Genevra said...

So happy for you! Wish I could have been there, but as it turns out, I was super sick that night! Crazy. Andy said it was amazing; I hope to catch a future incarnation! CONGRATULATIONS wonderful woman. ;)

Larissa Z said...

This was your first time writing your own theater too?!?!?!

I loved it. You're awesome. You should be dining on success ramen every day.

dizzyk said...

Congratulations, Lacy! Wish I could have been there!

DinaBear said...

Congrats Lacy, I am so sorry I missed it! I am NOT successful for having missed it. You are uber successful for having done it. You rock.

sharon said...

You are so amazingly successful. You have to roll around in this feeling for as long as possible. It makes you smell good and then, when you smell that way, you make more art.
You must do it again!!! and tell us about it on this blog so that we can all come.
Great to see you in Troutville,
Sharon

Lizzy said...

So cool! Reminds me of "Dracula, the Musical" as portrayed in the Jason Segal Opus "Forgetting Sarah Marshall."
When's is coming to NYC??

nora said...

Yippee! I think you're simply amazing. Truly.