1.23.2010

post script, or, that went as well as possible.

Audition.

[Lacy finishes her monologue from the show. It goes well. ]

LA Important Guy:  ...that was lovely.  Just absolutely lovely.

Lacy: Thank you.  (turns to go, almost makes it out of the room)

Chicago Casting Woman: ...but you're not fat.

LA: No, you're not.  And I'm not sure how I should really tell you that, but...

Lacy: Oh, you can tell me that ANY TIME, AS MUCH AS YOU WANT.

LA: (laughing) You're a wonderful actress, and you will have plenty of work on your doorstep.  But you aren't fat, and we need someone fat for this role.

Fin.

7 comments:

taipalmgren said...

Two compliments in one!

Jeremy said...

Bullets dodged! Potentially crappy job avoided, and even in LA, you're not fat.

Me, I may not be fat in Chicago (or maybe I am) but west of the Rockies I am Tubby Porker, six-time wing-eating champion.

Sorry you didn't get cast (because, you know, freelance technical writing) but it sounds like you made an impression. Yay!

td said...

But they knew that before you walked in the door. Glad you feel like it went well but I never understand why people call us in for roles we have no chance in hell of getting.

オテモヤン said...

オナニー
逆援助
SEX
フェラチオ
ソープ
逆援助
出張ホスト
手コキ
おっぱい
フェラチオ
中出し
セックス
デリヘル
包茎
逆援
性欲

Anonymous said...

I'm here raising my hands in the ayer like you're a true player.

Which you are.

Lovely compliments, made them laugh, got some face time, made an impression. Maybe it wasn't a huge waste of time and at the very least, you didn't have to use one of your birds.

I'm sure they know how completely stupid that show is, so here's hoping it tanks and they call you in again when they're casting the next Arrested Development.

Mer

Corrbette said...

That's fantastic. A friend of mine had that same audition. Just going to that one is indicative of the mass amount of work coming your way. I know this. You're doing the right thing, lady.

nora said...

Every time from now on when I am told no, I want to be reassured that I am not fat.