2.08.2010

Don't get SAD

I think winter is getting me down.

I mean.
It can't possibly be the unemployment, the empty days, the identity crisis of learning a new skill, the weight I can't seem to shake for the life of me, the sinus infection or the lack of auditions so
IT MUST. BE. THE WEATHER.


Also, the weather does suck.  As my cousin Laura said: it's bleak.  It's just been bleak.
She insisted on the word bleak.  


Is winter getting you down?
Do not let it!  Do not. freaking. let it.  Being down sucks a lot.

Time to mobilize.

Watch this!
http://www.sandiegozoo.org/zoo/ex_polar_bear_plunge.html
SO CUTE!!!!  Webcam of polar bears sunning themselves and frolicking at the San Diego Zoo!

Go to Google Images and do a search for: tahiti
CLICK ON THEM!
MAKE THEM BIGGER!
The turquoise is good for you!

Assignment for tomorrow:

go to the store!
buy tropical fruits!  I know it's expensive and not entirely environmentally responsible.  Let me ask you a question.

Is the environment taking care of you right now?
I don't think it is!
I think the environment is being a serious bitch at the moment!
I think I can have a fucking banana in the middle of winter, environfuckingment.

Also, maybe my body would enjoy some vitamins that don't come from an Emergen-C packet. OKAY?

tomorrow: fruit salad.
Listen up, midwest:
I am NOT getting depressed by your interminable winter and resulting sedentary lifestyle
and I do not
enjoy
being depressed, bitch.

1 comment:

Claire said...

February is always when winter goes from being sort of unpleasant/charmingly chilly to just total unbearable sucksville. It's still cold, still grey and there's no effing snow even, for the sake of pretty.

The best thing, I think, is coffee shops and coffee in general, also hot tea and cocoa. Hot drinks. Also getting up earlier in the morning, maximize sunlight. Yes. Beat the SADness!