6.11.2010

Alexander Technique? More like Alexander TechNOPE.

Success!
For the first time in my life, I qualified for the SAG deluxe insurance plan.  


You have to earn a certain amount within one calendar year to qualify.  Holy moly, I finally earned enough.  I WIN.  I WIN ...an insurance plan I don't need since we're covered far more reliably by Brandon's work.

But! I did think it was worth pointing out a few interesting tidbits about the Screen Actors Guild health insurance plan.  For example: right off the bat, they want you to know not to try any of your newfangled voodoo newage bullshit hijinks.

DANCE THERAPISTS.  Nice try.  No.
And check out the last sentence in this one:



No Feldenkreis. No Rolfing. In short, most of my BFA acting curriculum is not eligible for coverage (even if Emerson College had been in-network). 


It's not a terrible plan, though.  Robert Downey, Jr. and I were both pleased to discover that the mental health and chemical dependency coverage is quite generous.

Presumably sober actors in therapy don't try to file claims for the don't-even-ask plastic surgeries listed on pages 34 - 47.

No comments: